Whitney Does Lubbock (not like that...sick.)

You can take the girl outta' Austin, but you can never take Austin outta' the girl
.

we're texas. what started here, changed my world.

we're texas. what started here, changed my world.

may the force be with you...always

may the force be with you...always
outside my new apt.

My Boo...yawning

My Boo...yawning

Sunday, February 3, 2008

the new man in my life...not to mention my favorite.

so...it finally happened! whitney found her eli. eli and whitney....eli whitney. just wanted to make sure everyone made that connection. bc no, i did not name him after eli manning (although he did win the super bowl tonight). and no, i did not name him after eli young from eli young band (although he rocks my world!). anyways...enough about his name bc he is by far the most amazing kitten in the world. and i know what you're saying...."but i hate cats. cats are spawn of the devil. they scare me with their crazy eyes and sharp claws, ready to attack at any second." but let me tell you my feline-wary friends. you will love him. he is the best thing to happen to me since, oh i dunno, bryson! haha...no but seriously. he is the new man of my life. he makes me happy. he doesnt make me cry. he doesnt forget to call. he doesnt yell at me in public causing laura to push him to teach him a lesson. he doesnt say he loves me only to then not be so sure. he doesnt get mad at me when i hang out with other cats....yeah he's pretty much the perfect guy. it's pretty amazing how one tiny little kitten can make all the difference in the world. i dont feel as alone when im by myself at my apt. i feel like i always have someone to come home to. and, strangely enough, i feel a little more safe, dont ask me why. sometimes i wonder if i should have been a vet. i thought about it for a while and was even a pre-vet major at that university that shall remain nameless where i spent my freshman year of college (what a waste!). animals are nicer than humans anyways. im obsessed with all of them....i even cried at the pound when shivonne and i went there a few weeks ago. anyways...point of the story is, eli completes me. and he loves me unconditionally. he cries when im not in the same room with him, and he sleeps on my pillow with me every night. he loves to cuddle and he purrs nonstop when he's with me. he also runs around my apt. like a crazy person, all the while with his little bell on his collar jingling so that you always know where to find him. his favorite toy is this little, fuzzy, purple mouse. oh and yeah....he likes to try to play with mackie through mackie's cage. mackie doesnt have it. he just bites eli's paws through the cage.

anyways...sorry to bore you all to tears with that novel about my cat. i just love him more than anything. but everything else is going pretty well. im surprisingly not bored very often. im going to be a temp soon. weird i know, but the jobs that i really wanted were only hiring through a temp agency. so....hopefully i will start a job soon in some office, probably as the receptionist. so it's like i will be pam and ryan all mixed into one...maybe i will find my jim, too! (for those of you who dont know what im talking about...i mean off of the show The Office. and if you didnt know, shame on you. go rent the first three seasons RIGHT NOW bc you're missing the best show ever made.) i have also been practicing my relationship counselor skills. ive been mediating and counseling two of my friends that are always fighting with each other and have a pretty dramatic relationship (ok...i know, look who's talking, right?) and i feel like all i ever talk about with my friend landon are his romantic troubles. but at least i feel like im getting a little bit of experience no matter how minute it may be. but who knows if i'll even go on to be an LPC. i dont want to go to grad school. also i LOVE and ADORE my new apt. (pictures to be posted on FB soon so be on the lookout) still just a few things to finish hanging and stuff and it will be complete! but it's way cute, and you all have to come back and see it now! i keep it really, really clean, too! im talking like emaculate! well....that's all for now i guess. i miss you all very much and can only dream about the next time i get to see y'all!

3 comments:

Shivonne said...

i'm so happy for you whit! eli DOES sound like the purrrfect man (corny, i know). and for all you doubters, i did NOT like cats until whitney got me to see the light, and I'm sure eli is the sweetest one of all.

so... YEAH TEMP! TEMP, TEMP, TEMP, TEMP!so that was my lame office quote when dwight and ryan are drinking beer. but, i'm SOOOO excited you're getting a job, and who cares if it is through a temp agency? i want to know all about your own little office episodes, and let me know asap when you meet your jim. love you bunches! good luck!

L-Kat said...

i can't wait to meet eli! i'm so glad he's such a good kitty :)

Ivy said...

you are frikken hilarious. i miss you SO muchh!!!!!!!!!

Lubbock

Lubbock
Yeah so Lubbock is dry, soo...i'll be joining the thousands of tech students on the journey out to "The Strip" for any beverages that I may require. Make no mistake--this place is in the middle of nowhere!